Tips On Baby Clothes
- When buying children’s clothes, the first thing to remember is that they must be easy to put on, easily washable and above everything else, comfortable to wear.
- It is always advisable to buy trousers or skirts with elasticized waistbands and shoulder straps, for a baby.
- Prefer buying clothes that can be stretched and have a wide neck, because they are easier to wear as well as take off.
- Avoid buying clothes that are adorned by lace, as babies can get their fingers caught in the lace.
- Always go for natural fibers as far as baby clothes are concerned, especially in summers.
- Clothes that open in the front and have poppers are easier to put on as well as take off the baby.
- Try to avoid buying clothes that have buttons, as buttons can get off and the baby might swallow them.
- Avoid clothes that have ties attached to them, as the ties can come off easily and you will have to sew them on again.
- Never ever opt for clothes that have rough stitching. They can be uncomfortable for the baby.
- Since babies tend to be picked up by so many people, so many times, it is best to go for clothes that do not need ironing.
Basic Wardrobe For A Newborn
- 6-8 stretch suits (always buy according to weight not age)
- 2 nightgowns (comfortable and easy to put on and take off)
- 4 sleeveless vests, with poppers under the crotch
- 3 pairs of socks
- 3 cardigans (for winters)
- A sunhat and a light jacket (for summers)
- A warm hat, mittens and snow suit (for winters)